Time Machine Hard Drive going...going..gone...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by StanleyYelnats, Jul 21, 2013.

1. StanleyYelnats macrumors newbie

Not sure if this was posted? When I posted I was notified that I was not authorized to perform this action and my post that I worked on for more than 30 minutes vanished.

Hard drive on time capsule is going going gone after less than 2 years of use.

Never could get the thing to work correctly, had to purchase external hard drives to back up to.

Guess I will have the wonderful experience of cracking open the time capsule and replacing the hard drive. Guess you get what you pay for (ironically, these things ain't cheap).

This post is for any one who is thinking about purchasing the time capsule. Don't.

Use external hard drive on the firebird port and forget about this thing.

I have copied this post.

Time Machine could not complete the backup.

Unable to complete backup. An error occurred while creating the backup folder.

So instead of working i'm working on trying to figure out why i can't work.

Sounds like my Windows Computer.

----------

although I feel like firebird....

2. benwiggy macrumors 68020

The essential point about having a backup is that ALL drives can fail at any time. HDD, SSD, Western Digital, Samsung, Toshiba. It doesn't matter. Having two copies mitigates the risk.
    You have copies of your data on two volumes. One of them has failed. You have the other one, so your data remains safe. The system works! :D

Well, you can find someone who's had a bad experience with pretty much any
    hardware.
    However, I agree that there are lots of anecdotes about network TM drives not doing well. Though that is not a statistical survey, of course.

PS. FireWIRE, not Firebird.

3. StanleyYelnats thread starter macrumors newbie

USB 2 .0 connection doesn't work with time machine (capsule)

harddrive in time capsule going and doesn't work any more so I switch to eternal hard drive.

Backups failing. I switch the external hard drive connected on my mac mini server with fire wire to the iMac and back up works.

so, replace harddrive in time capsule and buy fire wire cable.