Time Machine help (PLEASE)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ncognet0, Sep 22, 2012.

1. ncognet0 macrumors newbie

Hello, im a stressed out newbie to the boards. Last night I did a 4 hour backup to time machine as my macbook pro was becoming slow and my photo editing programs kept shutting down.

Anyways today I can't find my raw images that was on my macbook, did the backup save them? If so how can I find them?

Regards

ncog

2. switon, Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012

switon macrumors 6502a

3. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

Connect the external drive to your computer and open up Time Machine and you will be able to look through your files.

4. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

You mean you told Time Machine to do a system backup to a specified storage drive. Did you tell Time Machine to exclude any drives or folders on your Mac? Did Time Machine give you any error reports?

If you told Time Machine to do a backup, and did not exclude anything on your Mac and got no error reports, it should have been copied the all files, including the raw images, to wherever you told Time Machine to use for storage. So open Time Machine and browse for the folder where the raw images should be located.

5. ncognet0 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes

I had it write to a LaCie 1TB drive i find the folders when I look but theres just a file that says .DS.store

6. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

When you "Enter Time Machine" doesn't it show you a series of desktops that are from all the incremental backups?

7. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

This what I was referring to. If you "Enter," you will be able to view the folders as they were stored in the finder interface and retrieve them. Time Machine is great for locating a missing file or group of files.