Time Machine is stuck at "prepairing" PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ILOVEMYMBP2.2g, Nov 7, 2007.

1. ILOVEMYMBP2.2g macrumors regular

ILOVEMYMBP2.2g

ive noticed that yesterday that time machine did not back up when it said it was it would just put it off. Then i told it to back up now, and all it did was just sit at "preparing" to backup. Has anyone else experienced this, if so could you please help me, i dont like this at all, it scares me and i have valuable stuff backed up, thank you

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

How long did you wait?

It took about 10-15 minutes my first time.

3. ILOVEMYMBP2.2g thread starter macrumors regular

ILOVEMYMBP2.2g

yeah it took a long time at the beginning but its backed up like 40 times, and i dont know why it would just do this now?? Im really confused on what to do.

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

It has to prepare the backup each time. I've had it prepare for the last two even though the changes weren't significant.

5. IzzyJG99 macrumors 6502

Odd, really. I keep hearing how some people each time Time Machine does ANYTHING a window opens and has a progress bar that takes a while. I only saw a video/progress bar once. After update to Time Machine since I've never seen anything. I'll hear the external drive whirling away and that's it.

6. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

Yeah, takes ages here too. A lot of the time it doesn't even back up and requires me to hold the power button to restart.