Time Machine...it disappeared

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Spongey817, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Spongey817 macrumors regular

I'm not too sure what happened, but, to put it simply...Time Machine is no longer on my MacBook.

It's not in the application folder, nor anywhere else (as Spotlight would confirm).

What's more, a software update suggests downloading a trial of "Backup" which I'm assuming is essentially the same thing.

Anyone have any idea what's going on here?

2. Spongey817 thread starter macrumors regular

3. jkprkmacrumors macrumors newbie

Try this

1. Go to "System Preference". There, goto "Time Machine". Then, check the box that says "Show Time Machine status in the menu bar."

2. On your menu bar (top right on your desktop), you'll see little time machine status symbol. Right click on that.

3. Then, from the drop menu, click on "Enter Time Machine."

4. Once you're in Time Machine again, go to your application folder, then go back to the time when you did have your Time Machine application.

5. Once you found your past Time Machine application (back in time), click "Restore) on the right bottom of your screen. It may ask you for your computer administrator's user ID and password (which you will have). Then, the Time Machine application will be back on your present Applicaiton folder.

Hope this helps!

4. LittleApple08 macrumors member

If that dosn't work get Carbon Copy! Basically the same thing in my opinion...