Time Machine lost my iPhoto library?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Saladsamurai, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Saladsamurai macrumors regular

Seriously? I installed a new HDD. I reinstalled OS X by first installing my original Tiger and then the Leopard upgrade. Don't ask why I did not just go straight to Leopard because I don't know :eek:

I then used the Migration Assistant to bring in the TM backup. I went to open iPhoto and I am getting:

[​IMG]

wtf? I think that I am going to reinstall OSX. I have the original HDD; is there a way to transfer everything from that directly?

Maybe I will try doing an "Erase and ReInstall" option right from the Leopard disc and then choose the TM option.

What do you think?

2. Saladsamurai thread starter macrumors regular

I am really ***** this up now. I just popped in the Leopard disc and started the install. But it did not give me the option to "Erase and ReInstall" so now it is just installing away. What is happening? I *already* have Leopard installed! Is it installing a *second* copy? Or is it erasing the original? ARgg!!!! :mad:

3. uberjason macrumors member

uberjason

First off in iPhoto, did you select the option to "choose library" then select the library restored from Time Machine? I have had it appear lost as well after a time machine "restore". But iPhoto was not smart enough to notice the original library was back. Your default iPhoto library location is in /user/<YOU>/pictures.

Second, Are you sure you are not upgrading to Snow Leopard? I believe Leopard always give you the options of erase and install, where as snow leopard just upgrades.