Time Machine mistake... Help plz!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by stiligFox, Jun 7, 2009.

1. stiligFox macrumors 6502a

stiligFox

I have a iBook g4 that is

is running leopard, even though it's only a 800mhz processor... My problem is that I installed leopard on a 10gb partion, and left 20gb for my stuff. I realized 10gb is not enough, so I made sure my time machine backup of the 20gb drive (were I store ALL of my stuff) was up to date, erased that partion, and "grew" the 10gb to fill the now empty space. So I now have plenty of space, but how do I get my stuff back out of Time Machine that was on that drive? I gave myself a facepalm when I realized I should have created a disk image of the drive first. I know all of my stuff is still there, but the drive doesn't show up in time machine... So I can't restore anything! Will I have to go through each I my backup folders and retrieve everything manually?

Thanks everyone!!

2. PkennethV macrumors 6502a

Stick in the Leopard install disk. Restart your computer and hold down the "c" button on your keyboard as it starts. When you are presented with a menu, go up to the menu bar and click "Utilities" (I think, if not, it's one of the tabs up there) and one of the menu items should be "Restore From Time Machine" or "Restore From Backup" or something to that effect. You'll be guided through the rest and it should be pretty straight forward.