Time Machine not showing next backup time.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by orpheus1120, Aug 19, 2009.

1. orpheus1120 macrumors 65816

orpheus1120

I just got a 1TB time capsule after the recent refresh. Set up both my mbps for the time machine with the TC. The mbp 17" will be permanently connect to the TC via ethernet, while the 13" is wirelessly linked.

However I noticed from the mbp 17" TM preference panel that it doesn't show the specific time for the current and next backup time. See below:-

[​IMG]

I did a search and come up with this thread. I tried the suggested method of deleting the com.apple.TimeMachine.plist file from ~library/preference/ folder. I even reformat the TC hdd via airport utility and reboot the system. Then I did a rebackup with time machine. BUT I STILL GET THE SAME RESULT~~!!!!!:confused::confused::confused::eek::eek:

What am I doing wrong? Is there something I'm missing? I just want it to show my next backup time like what my mbp13" is showing. Anyone?

P/S: IF I enter Time Machine, after exiting TM I get a mounted sparse bundle of my mbp 17" TM backup. Is there anyway to get it to unmount automatically? Is it usual for a sparse bundle to stay mounted once we exit from TM?

Will greatly appreciate some help here. Thanks!

2. orpheus1120 thread starter macrumors 65816

orpheus1120

3. jw2002 macrumors 6502

Below the name of your backup volume, it should show the name of the Time Capsule. It's missing from the image that you provided. One suggestion is to click on Select Disk... and re-choose your backup volume. The other thing you can try is go to the Time Machine finder icon and click on Back Up Now.