time machine not working?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by geordiejohn, Aug 4, 2009.

1. geordiejohn macrumors member

hello i have got an Apple minimac 80gb 10.5.7 with leopard and i bought a small drive of i think it is 116gb and time machine seemed to work ok,but i kept getting msg saying full,i did an erase on small drive and in finder i can see a drive called untitled,but if i click on time machine there are no backup dates?
    any ideas please of how to start again?
    thank you.

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

You erased the drive ... there will be no backups on it.

3. geordiejohn thread starter macrumors member

is there any way i can set it up to start again please ?
    i only want to back up the games i downloaded for my wife,i setup a folder called games and put them all in there,everything else i could get back easy enough.
    thank you.

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You need to re-set the drive you want as the Time Machine backup drive. Do this from the Time Machine preference pane.

In order to get only the Games folder to backup, you have to exclude every other folder on your internal drive in the TM preferences. This is really annoying, and it's probably just easier to back up all or most of your drive.

5. geordiejohn thread starter macrumors member

6. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

Once you get it up and running after a while you might have the same problem. I kept running into your problem so I tried Carbon Copy. I had the same problem with that so than I tried SuperDuper and I have had NO problems since. Only thing is, SuperDuper is not free... :(

7. geordiejohn thread starter macrumors member