Time Machine Permissions Problem

Discussion in 'macOS' started by evanavevan, Jan 5, 2013.

1. evanavevan macrumors member

evanavevan

I have an SSD + HDD combo in my 2011 iMac. OS and apps installed on SSD and user folder is on the HDD. Problem is that Time Machine isn't working properly and anytime I try to go back to an older time it gives me a permissions error. I've already checked "Ignore ownership on this volume" on the HDD, and already have Read & Write permissions on each of the folders anyway, but still getting this error message. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. Paulywauly macrumors 6502a

Paulywauly

Try going into the disk utility and repair the disk permissions on your Time Machine drive.

3. evanavevan thread starter macrumors member

evanavevan

Permissions already repaired on SSD. Interestingly, Repair Disk Permissions button is grayed out on the HDD in Disk Utility (maybe because of ignore ownership checked)?

4. Paulywauly macrumors 6502a

Paulywauly

You mentioned your Home folder is on the HDD right? You need to try repairing the permissions on whatever drive/partition your Time Machine is located on, not the one containing your Home folder

5. evanavevan thread starter macrumors member

evanavevan

Yeah, I did, still not working.

6. Paulywauly macrumors 6502a

Paulywauly

Are you selecting the device name of the drive? Or the volume name? If you just click on the drive itself the box is greyed out, you need to click on the volume on the drive you want to work on. (The volumes on each hard drive are located underneath the device names)