Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

feodor11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2013
dear sir

i need help with my time machine

i have MacBook Pro 15 8,2 version
recently i change my hd with ssd vector and works fine

i have external usb hd use as backup with time machine
when i checked as work Lion works perfect
but when boot with osx utility and tray to transfer from time machine find my backup but when arrived to select the date from time to transfer nothing appear inside to box

please help:(

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
So you put in a new SSD that is now blank? Just plug the Time Machine disk in and option key boot, then select the Time Machine disk to boot from. That will bring up a recovery screen. From there run Disk Utility and format the new SSD to Mac OS Extended. Then quit disk utility and click restore.

feodor11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2013
So you put in a new SSD that is now blank? Just plug the Time Machine disk in and option key boot, then select the Time Machine disk to boot from. That will bring up a recovery screen. From there run Disk Utility and format the new SSD to Mac OS Extended. Then quit disk utility and click restore.

wait from begin
i had normal hd and 1 usb hd for backup
i change the hd from old to ssd and tray with backup and time machine but not work (thought my backup format was encrypted for that not work)
after i do clone- restore from osx utility from old system to new ssd throughout usb
now with my new ssd make a new format to backup and make new time machine
after all tray to test my new backup but non work

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.