Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dangerfish

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
I have a 2015 iMac with a 1TB fusion drive. Currently 425 Gb are in use. I'm using a 1Tb external HD for TM. Disk utility is telling me that 800GB are in use on the external drive and 200 GB are free. The problem is that TM only lets me go back in time to yesterday evening. There are no files available before yesterday. I noticed the same problem back in May/June and so I reformatted the external HD thinking that would fix the problem but clearly it hasn't. I would think I should have several weeks that I could go back in time if needed. Any thoughts on what could be going on here?

dangerfish

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
I have 3 computers backing up to my 3 TB time capsule at home and I have files going back to Sept of 2014 available for me to restore. So something is up with my time machine at work. It does appear to be backing up. Its just not keeping any history. Since it is backing up, I wouldn't think that it would be a problem with he hard drive itself. Seems more likely an issue with the time machine service but I don't know how I can trouble shoot that.

Reactions: darrylsvochak
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.