Time Machine question with mac pro

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by twoodcc, Dec 26, 2007.

1. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

so i have a mac pro with 4 hard drives in it. does time machine automatically back up your boot drive, and you can choose to back up all the drives?

can i use more than one external for backup? cuz my 4 internal drives are like 2 TB i think

thanks in advance

2. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

i guess no one with a mac pro uses time machine?

3. pagansoul macrumors 65816

pagansoul

Time machine will ask you what drive you want to backup on what external HD. You can put all 4 on one or have separate externals for each of your internals. I have a 500gb set up with Drive bay 1. I have a 250gb set up on Drive bay 4 (music). I will get another external either 500GB or 1TB for 2 and 3. Infact you can use one of your Internal Bays for Time machine. It will delete any info on it and set itself as a dedicated TM backup Drive.

4. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

thanks, that answers my question :)

5. Mac In School macrumors 65816

Not that you have room for it, but I learned last night that if you add a 2nd Internal drive, Time Machine, by default, will automatically start backing it up to your external drive.

I know that doesn't answer your question, but it's already been answered. I was thinking that months from now, when someone was searching, they might find my answer helpful. :)

6. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

but i have 4 internal drives? :confused: