Time Machine Question

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by vandrv, Feb 7, 2012.

1. vandrv macrumors regular

I'm not sure if this is a dumb question, but here goes, I had some problems with my usb hub that was connected to my Time Capsule, so I disconnected everything, and I now notice that when Time Machine is backing up it places an icon on my desktop. I'm sure it never did this before. I also just updated to the latest version of Lion, so is this a change due to this. I'm just wondering if I have changed something by accident, and if so, how do I change it back? Thanks for any help.

2. SuperCachetes macrumors 6502a

SuperCachetes

Mine does that too, and has done it from day 1. The icon goes away after the backup's done.

I'm sure there is a way to force it to hide, but to me it sounds like it being visible is the default behavior. Maybe if your backups are fast the icon was never there long enough for you to notice it.

3. vandrv thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply. It does go away as soon as the backup is done. I really don't think that it has always shown up when backing up, I think I would have noticed it long ago. As long as I didn't change some setting and messs things up, I won't worry too much about it.