Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jordanf1end

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2010
suppose i wanted to do a clean instal SL on my mac does it matter if restore from time machine when it gets to the "select destination" part where you go to utilities and click restore from time machine back up or could i just wait till i get to the part where it says "do you already own a mac" and just click yes restore from time machine? does it matter which way i do it?

redbotsoftware

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2009
Yes, go with go with "do you already own a mac". But why are you doing a clean instal? If it's cuz of some problems, you may be bringing them with you when you restore. This is a problem I had, I was able to fix it by isolating the app that was causing my mac to freeze up.

suppose i wanted to do a clean instal SL on my mac does it matter if restore from time machine when it gets to the "select destination" part where you go to utilities and click restore from time machine back up or could i just wait till i get to the part where it says "do you already own a mac" and just click yes restore from time machine? does it matter which way i do it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.