Time Machine reminded me that I am a moron.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by synth3tik, Dec 19, 2008.

1. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Wow I feel really stupid (and lucky). I woke up this morning to a warning message from Time Machine. "Time Machine has not backed up any files for 10 days". At first I started screaming and cursing Time Machine for not backing up my stuff. Then I noticed that the white glow from the LED on my back up drive was off. 10 days ago I shut down my system as I was gone for a few days. Upon returning I totally forgot to turn my back up drive back on.

I have been working really hard of the past week or so on a remix project. Loosing all this work would have been devastating. I feel so so lucky as this is usually the time when hard drives fail or systems get corrupted.

One thing that bugs me though is that it took Time Machine 10 days to inform me I was an idiot. I would have thought during the first back up attempt that Time Machine would have errored out.

2. brop52 macrumors 68000

brop52

That's normal. It takes 10 days. I only update every 10 days. I just turn on the drive and it is already connected to the iMac. As for my MB I just plug it into the USB cable and turn it on.

3. synth3tik thread starter macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Yeah. I am very bad at remembering to update the MBP, which is understandable.

I am just happier then anything that my data is safe, and it did not take a lose of data to bring the problem to light.