Time Machine restore: not enough space?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Ravich, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Ravich macrumors 6502a

I am trying to restore a drive to the way it was yesterday. This fails because it says there isnt enough space, but I dont know what that means because there is more than enough space (there was more than 250GB of free space yesterday and that hasnt really changed much since then).

Does it mean there isnt enough space on the HDD that time machine is on?

For the record, I wiped the drive so that I could create a partition on the drive specifically for bootcamp, but there should still be plenty of free space.

2. MacForScience macrumors 6502

MacForScience

My guess would be your partition is at fault. Why did you wipe the drive to make a bootcamp partition? (you don't need to). I would wipe-out the partition try it again and if it works then replace the partition using bootcamp assistant.

Cheers

3. Ravich thread starter macrumors 6502a

It was failing before I wiped the drive. I wiped the drive to make the partition because boot camp assistant wasnt allowing me to create a windows partition until I did that. I talked to apple support about it and they couldnt understand it so they collected info and forwarded it to engineering. Is it likely that the HDD is just bad?