Time Machine Saved my Life!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by benlee, Dec 11, 2007.

1. benlee macrumors 65816

benlee

So I'm studying for law school exams and I start up my computer this morning and my entire law school folder is missing. I have no idea what happened. It is the strangest thing that it was gone. So I just fired up Time Machine and restored, and now I'm just left wondering why it was gone.

2. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

3. J@ffa macrumors 6502a

J@ffa

It's an Cupertino-constructed conspiracy, designed so that people who use Time Machine get a reason to use it, and then end up recommending that other people use it! :p

4. unity macrumors 6502a

Seeing as just one folder will not disappear... its in the trash, was intentionally deleted or moved. But since he is in law school, he could also just be making it up! :D

5. benlee thread starter macrumors 65816

benlee

Well the only thing I can think of is yesterday I think when I went to "get info" for the particular folder I dragged the preview Icon to the desktop and then deleted that, but I didn't think it would delete the whole folder. And besides It was there afterwards but then today I wake up and there is a ? in stacks where that folder once was.

Maybe there is a conspiracy. They wait 2 months from when you install Leopard and have Time Machine running and they remove the folder most accessed so you have to restore it through TM. :D

6. THX1139 macrumors 68000

THX1139

The thread title made me think that Time Machine woke you up because your house was on fire, or auto dialed the emergency room because you were having a heart attack.

7. benlee thread starter macrumors 65816

benlee

maybe it would of if it came to that. Thank got I got the files back or I would have had a heart attack and burnt down my house.