Time Machine Stops Backing Up!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JTag, Jan 27, 2008.

1. JTag macrumors newbie

So I have Time Machine syncing with an external drive and its been backing up perfectly without a problem for the last month. I have not plugged in the external drive in a week, but when I plugged it in to backup today, time machine will not back up to it. The computer sees that the drive is there and identifies at as the Time Machine drive but will not backup to it. The external drive is not full and there is no damage on it. Also, in the time machine system preferences window, the oldest, last, and next backup dates are all blank, they were filled before. How can I fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

2. mwolenski macrumors newbie

Same Problem

I'm having the same problem with my machine.

3. 156457 macrumors 6502

Yeah I have a WD external drive which boots up with my Mac and boots down with my Mac, however it doesn't backup automatically? :S It even turned backups off the other day.

4. dwright1974 macrumors 6502

dwright1974

Happened to me tonight but I ejected the TM disk. Connected it again and it then worked.

Rather than starting the backup I let it start automatically.

HTH

D

5. mwolenski macrumors newbie

Time Machine Won't Do Anything

I think the problem I'm having is related to the Leopard 10.5.6 update. I have tried fixing the permissions in terminal but that didn't make any difference. My last backup was Dec. 17 but I have since reformatted the drive in attempt to get it working again. When I click backup now most of the time absolutely nothing happens. Sometimes the Time Machine logo will spin around once and then stop. I do not get an error message.
    If I go into time machine preferences it shows me when the next backup is scheduled and when that time comes I can hear the external drive (WD Passport 300gb) fire up but nothing else happens.
    If anyone has any suggestions on solving this problem please let me know.

6. gusious macrumors 65816

gusious

+1.

I believe that too. And i hate the fact that Apple isn't doing anything about it. We don't even hear a rumor about 10.5.7...:mad:

7. MooneyFlyer macrumors 65816

MooneyFlyer