Time Machine Stuck After 10.7.2

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by b-rad g, Oct 12, 2011.

1. b-rad g macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

Anyone else having this problem?? Updated to 10.7.2 today on my MacBook Air and the first backup it it trying to do since update has been stuck at 2kb out of 2.8gb for like half an hour. What could be the cause???:mad:

2. b-rad g thread starter macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

After about 2 hours I tried to stop the backup and it wouldn't so I had to eject the Time Capsule for it to stop. Tried again by hitting "Backup Now" and the same thing happened, it stuck at 2kb.

3. b-rad g thread starter macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

Anyone?? Had to turn off Time Machine because every time it tries to backup it gets stuck.

4. benvon macrumors newbie

Happening to me too, stuck at 361MB of 3GB all night.

5. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Mine did 2.5 gigs over the course of 7.5 hours to my NAS. (monitored my NAS sleep log this morning). Don't really care as long as its still getting it done. Actually gives me solace that its happening for local drives and not just NaS.

6. the kernel macrumors newbie

the kernel

Check the console

Hi, please check the console (console app in /Applications/Utilities). Select "show log list," select "all messages" and search for "backupd." This will give you an idea on what time machine is doing.

7. b-rad g thread starter macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

Thanks for replying. I will check this out today.

8. johnhurley macrumors 6502a

johnhurley

I have local backups turned off and use time machine more as backup software than apple's intended deployment. But it has been working fine for me with 10.7.2 so far.

I regularly rotate drives in and out and often erase the partition that time machine is using ... the select the drive. This forces time machine to start over and get a new complete backup. Probably not a bad idea with a new version of the os in place.

That kind of brute force solution may not play well with people doing wifi based backups but people with real external hd's connected to their machines directly might be worth considering.

9. b-rad g thread starter macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Ok. It seems that something was giving it trouble in the "Preparing Backup" stage. I turned Time Machine back on today and just let it sit. After a while it finally kicked off the preparing stage and is now backing up. So fingers crossed it was just a glitch.