Time Machine "Waiting for index to be ready (100)"

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by haravikk, Mar 26, 2015.

1. haravikk macrumors 65816

Okay, so here's an issue that started recently, but basically Time Machine has been a bit slow, and when I look in Console I'm seeing a lot of "Waiting for index to be ready (100)" entries, usually four or five before each volume is backed up (I have three separate volumes for OS, users and very large files).

It's not stopping Time Machine from backing up, but it's causing big delays where Time Machine isn't actually copying anything, so even though the drive can handle 160mb/sec quite happily, it can take 10-15 minutes to copy a few hundred megabytes of changes, depending upon the number of "waiting for index" messages that appear.

What index is this exactly, and what is the best method to repair or clear and rebuild it? Spotlight is already disabled on the drive, and there's no .Spotlight-V100 folder, so I assume it's not that (because it'd be waiting an even longer time in that case ;)).

2. Taz Mangus macrumors 68040

Taz Mangus

Maybe this will help: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3252377?start=0&tstart=0