Time Machine wallpaper gif

Discussion in 'macOS' started by 350zman, Aug 6, 2008.

1. 350zman macrumors member

does anyone know where or how i can get the time machine theme in space on my wallpaper as a background. I would like for it to move like the stars and stuff does anyone know where i can find the gif image or anything like that thanks

2. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

Haha, I'm pretty sure it isn't a gif image. Most likely some type of Quartz? I'm no programmer at all so I have no idea. If you manage to find a screensaver that looks like it i know you can use something like Wallsaver to make it your background. If all else fails just take a screenshot of it.

3. 350zman thread starter macrumors member

yeah thats not gif but thanks if i could find a gif image thad be cool

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

convert it. and why do you want only the gif format? jpeg is more widely accepted i think.. but sorry, i've search atleast 10 different sites, all jpeg and/or png. no gifs.

5. aethelbert macrumors 601

If you'd actually read the original post, he wants the animated version, which isn't possible with jpeg files.

6. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

well sorry, i didn't read carefully. and your wrong, ever heard of animate jpegs? you're info is last century. but to the OP, I don't think the wallpaper can be animated... it might, im not sure.

7. ghking macrumors regular

ghking

i just did it its pretty cool here it is
    (except on my comp its moving)

[​IMG]

8. ghking macrumors regular

ghking

keep in mind thought that a moving desktop will take up a lot of cpu so i wouldnt use it unless you have a good comp with lots of RAM

9. 350zman thread starter macrumors member

10. ghking macrumors regular

ghking

what wont? to do it download the screen saver, and drag the quartz file into HD>Library>Screen Savers. Open System preferences and set it as your screen saver. Download and open Wallsaver. By default it sets the current screen saver as your Desktop, which should be the time machine quartz file. After this you can go into system preferences and change your screen saver back to what it originally was but the time machine quartz file should remain as your desktop.

11. Sonicjay macrumors 6502a

Sonicjay

Damn, that's pretty cool; I think I might try that when I get home