Time Machine?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by veo321, Jun 4, 2009.

1. veo321 macrumors regular

veo321

I have a USB HD that I plan on using for Time Machine because I am going to replace the HD just one thing I want to get straight can I use Time Machine to 'restore' my new hardrive? :confused:
    ~Thanks

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Yes, Time Machine can be used after replacing your current hard drive with a new one. You'll install OS X on the new drive, and then it'll prompt you to restore your drive from Time Machine if you have one setup.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You can make a complete time machine backup and use that from migration assistant.

4. veo321 thread starter macrumors regular

veo321

Cool

Thanks for the help, but does anyone have a guide for replacing HD on white macbook :D

5. veo321 thread starter macrumors regular

veo321

6. MireilleDarc macrumors newbie

Time Machine

ok. sorry it took me a while to get back on the case. i just re-executed all the steps above.

time machine accepted the user/password that i typed in initially no error and then said backup would begin in 120 seconds. then after 120 seconds, it said "preparing..." briefly. then i got the initial error: "Time Machine Error. The network backup volume could not be mounted because there was a problem with the network username or password. ..."

7. RiCEADDiCTBOY macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

8. RiCEADDiCTBOY macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

does anybody have an answer to this one? this actually sounds like a similar problem a buddy of mine is having. :(