Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jgbr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Hi

Random error: only just started, my time is not updating unless i click on it, machine otherwise fully operational. (Mac Pro 2009)

I only noticed when it was 1hr later then it actually was, have changed all settings, reboot, reboot finder, no change.

Example:

21:04 when its 21:09
click
21:09
stays freezed untill i click it again.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Hi

Random error: only just started, my time is not updating unless i click on it, machine otherwise fully operational. (Mac Pro 2009)

I only noticed when it was 1hr later then it actually was, have changed all settings, reboot, reboot finder, no change.

Example:

21:04 when its 21:09
click
21:09
stays freezed untill i click it again.
Well that's odd. I've had a similar issue, except clicking did not force an update. I did some digging and discovered that one of my "menulets" had frozen up on me. Force Quit the offending process and all was well.

PsyOpWarlord

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2010
Colorado Springs, CO
Are you running iStat Menus? That was a problem:
"Fixed an issue that caused the menubar time to stop updating."

Even though it was supposed to be fixed in the latest update I thinks it's still sticking at times for me.

WesCole

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2010
Texas
This happened to me after updating to iStat 4. What seems to have fixed it for now was to remove the time from the menu bar, restart, and add the time back to the menu bar. I guess I will see if this is a permanent fix or not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.