Time problem with bootcamp and Parallel setup

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by kokeropie, Apr 4, 2013.

1. kokeropie macrumors newbie

I setup MBP to have BootCamp with Windows 7. In addition, I also setup a Parallels Desktop 8 to run my bootcamp on OSX.

Starting 2 days ago, I have encounter weird problem regarding date and clock setup. On all setup (OS X, BootCamp, and PD8), I setup to set time sync with internet with location GMT +7. The problem is the time is not updated as current. For example: I start the Windows with date April 3, 2013 and time 11:00PM. If I restart using bootcamp icon on the bottom right or shutdown the MBP and restart on OS X, then the date will be April 4, 2013 and time is 6:00AM (+7 hours than Windows time). If I correct the time to the current time at April 3, 2013 11:01PM, when I restart the windows, the time will show April 3, 2013 4:01PM (-7 hours than OS X). This problem cause the modified time on Windows shows tomorrow if I do some editing with OS X.

I have no idea what cause it. I already try to unshared my printer setup on OS X with Windows on PD8 (the starting point when I encounter the time problem).

What is the best time setting for OS X, Boot Camp, and PD8 so that the time is current every time I start any OS and how can I fix the problem?

Thank you in advance.

2. identity macrumors 6502

Yeah, I had the same problem yesterday when I bootcamped Windows 8 on my Air. It's annoying as hell.

I'm looking for a fix too.

3. jenzjen macrumors 68000

PRAM/SMC resets fixed it for me.

Similar issue in W8 via BC, but my OS X time was fine. I reset both the PRAM and SMC and booted back into OS X (time was still correct) and used OS X for a few hours. Then, I tried W8 and time was correct and has stayed that way.