Time Shift, can it be shut off?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by MartyCan, Oct 12, 2015.

1. MartyCan macrumors 65816

MartyCan

I know people who are chronically late and might use this. But I am not one of them.

Why does Time Shift jump to life if you happen to rotate the Digital Crown with the Watch face on?

I would never have cause to use this but it has activated a number of times without me being aware of it. Can you shut it off?

2. CobraPA macrumors 6502a

Pressing the crown or tapping the screen seems to turn it back off here. Not sure you can disable it though.

3. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

I don't think it can be disabled. But it does reset back to real time if you press the crown and I'm pretty positive the next time you raise your wrist (turn on the screen) if you didn't press the crown.

4. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    That's not the purpose of this feature... It can be used to "peak" into your complications future/past. This can be used for things like calendar events, weather predictions, etc.

As other mentioned
    1) It cannot be disabled
    2) Your watch will revert back to the actual time with a press of the digital crown or by letting the display go to sleep or tapping on the time or really ANY thing....

5. Bromeo macrumors regular

Odd that there isn't a setting to disable the Time Travel feature. A workaround would be to use one of the watch faces that doesn't support Time Travel, such as Time Lapse, Motion, Photo, Photo Album, or X-Large.

Send feedback to Apple here:
    http://www.apple.com/feedback/

6. 3568358 macrumors 6502

You can not disable it. I do not use it either. I put many things in my calendar, but not things like appointments that would require such a feature. The only thing it is kind of useful for is checking weather as you advance the time forwards, but then again you could just tap the weather and it would sho you the hourly forecast anyways.

7. NotSafeForWork macrumors regular

NotSafeForWork

Are we mixing up 2 different things here?

The "chronically late" feature you mention is putting the Watch face permanently ahead (attached) to fool you in to leaving early.

Time Travel is looking ahead for upcoming events/changes and is just temporary.

image.png

8. MartyCan thread starter macrumors 65816

MartyCan

I guess I am. I thought I'd inadvertently enabled a quick set function for it. Thank-you.