Time Stamp on text messages!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Hoodie1981, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Hoodie1981 macrumors newbie

Why does the iPhone fail to time stamp each sms message? For instance, I will receive a text message at 11:00 am - I will reply at 11:10 am and there is not an updated time stamp applied to my reply. I have phoned Verizon - this is an issue with the operating system. The representative suggested I look into downloading an app. I can't seem to find one that addresses this issue.
    Is it just me, or does anyone else appreciate knowing when a message was sent and received? Even the BlackBerry could do this!:mad:

2. ckmoose macrumors newbie

I am with Telus in Canada with the same issue. I wish it was an option to maybe turn individual time stamps.

3. normanbates macrumors regular

It's normal for the iPhone to do that. If you want to check what time the last message sent/received was just go to the messages inbox and it will have it there

4. tjb1 macrumors 68000

Jailbreak and MarkThatMessage(or something like that).

5. HickDead macrumors 6502a

HickDead

Yup and once you try BiteSMs.....you'll NEVER go back to stock Message app.

6. jschum macrumors newbie

Time Stamp

Iphone 5 all have timestamp on messages. open to a conversation and slide you finger from right to left. Your screen will move and all the times will show on the right hand side.

7. CEmajr macrumors 601

Notice this thread was from 2012 before iOS 7 added that feature.