Time to buy??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by fjs08, Aug 11, 2008.

  1. fjs08 macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2003
    #1
    My Mac Book Pro is 2 yrs old now. I was going to give it to my wife and get a new one. Any thoughts on buying now or waiting for the latest and greatest to appear. Anything new on the horizon that is worth waiting for??

    Thanks.

    Frank
     
  2. LinMac macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Oct 28, 2007
    #2
    The notebooks are likely to be refreshed by October. The exact content of the refresh is anybody's guess, but the most common rumors are: updated video chipset, larger hard drive/solid state drive options, macbook air style keyboard, magnetic latch, high definition 15" screen, blu-ray drive, and built in warning about Windows actually being a virus in disguise or something like that.

    Levity aside the update will come sooner or later and we can only speculate if it will be worth waiting for.

    Read the rumors on the site. Is a price drop and more up to date hardware worth waiting months for?

    I like the waiting game so for me the answer is yes. :D
     
  3. eXan macrumors 601

    eXan

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2005
    Location:
    Russia
    #3
    Don't hold your breath.

    If there are BR drives of this form factor, they cost over 500$ for sure.
     

Share This Page