Time to get an ipod

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by SamVilde, Mar 14, 2009.

1. SamVilde macrumors regular

SamVilde

Hey,

My old skool 40GB ipod died in December, and now I'm sick of constantly adjusting content on my 8GB nano. I want an ipod that can hold all of my music -- only 22GB currently -- with some room to grow.

What do I want?

Refurbished 80BG from apple - 170$ (the refurbs scare me a bit -- what if the problem that they fixed isn't the only problem the unit had? Is this not such a big worry?)

New 120GB from apple - 249$ (Sure it's bigger than I need, but does it have other advantages over the 80GB? Is there anything 'improved' about it?)

Something through Amazon - (if bought from Apple through Amazon, is the warranty still there?)

Try to wait for next batch.

Anyone have any opinion on this - reasons to support the opinion?

Thanks.

2. Jmclark macrumors regular

Buy the refurb 80 gb unit. It comes with a year warranty, and it's Apple...

3. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

80gb refurbished. Apple refurbished products are still at a very high quality, and the warranty is the same as a new item. You just won't get the original box and instructions. It'll be fine; if not, it can still be repaired through warranty.

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I'd also go with the refurb, or depending on where you live you could look at craigslist. I've bought several 30gb 5th generation ipods for under $90 off craigslist.

5. SamVilde thread starter macrumors regular

SamVilde

Thanks

I think you all are saying what I wanted you to say. Just ordered the refurb. Thanks for your advice...

Sam