Time to get Mom a Mac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by chelsel, Jun 10, 2009.

1. chelsel macrumors 6502

Just a minute ago, my Mom calls me up for help with her Windows machine.

Anyway, she says "Help, I just deleted my sound".

I didn't know what to tell her... but I was thinking I sure don't miss Windows!

2. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

try this out
    refurb mac mini
    imac 20"

or if she wants a notebook,
    macbook
    or something a Lil bigger for moms with less than perfect eyesight.
    macbook pro
    have fun picking!:D

btw, all refurbs from apple are like the new stuff just without a shiny new box. it comes in a cardboard box. so unless u want to get her one of those insane 7 hr battery macbooks or a new imac, go with this. perfect for moms.

3. Ricanlegend macrumors 6502a

4. pesawyer macrumors member

My Mom is 68, last year I bought her a 20" iMac and since then she has convinced two of her elderly friends to get them too. She absolutely loves it!

The funniest thing was the day I got her the iMac we set it up and I explained to her about her "Windows" programs not being able to run on it. The next morning she's telling me all about Fusion, Bootcamp and Parallels. Saying I was wrong, you could run those Windows programs with any of these!

5. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

Cool. You're mum rocks.

6. chelsel thread starter macrumors 6502

to my Mom's credit she managed to locate the necessary drivers to re-install the audio on her Windows machine. Way to go Mom! :D Thanks for the advice on the refurbs... I think a MacBook would be a great machine for her, regardless of whether she got the ol' Windows jalopy working again or not!