Time to go Lion?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by imanidiot, Jun 20, 2012.

1. imanidiot Suspended

I have so far resisted an upgrade (?) to OS Lion because, based on the experience/reactions of others, I have found no compelling reason to do so---I'm fine with Snow Leopard. However, I see that Apple recently offered updates to iMovie and iPhono which require that one be running Lion. Is it time to take the plunge? I assume that this practice will become the norm, if it's not already.

Thanks for any advice/input.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Why not wait a month and go straight to Mountain Lion (assuming apple offers an upgrade path from SL to ML)

3. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

I believe Apple said during the keynote that you would indeed be able to upgrade from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion.

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

It's fine, Apple say you need the latest version of SL..10.6.8 and you can go right to ML from there...No need to have Lion installed...I'd wait too, it's only a couple of weeks or so now.

5. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

They said "yes" in the WWDC Keynote, and it's only going to be $19.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Thanks - I missed that during the keynote - I must have been drooling over the retina MBP at the time :D

7. imanidiot thread starter Suspended

I appreciate the advice. I suppose it would make sense to wait for ML. I hope I can indeed make the leap directly without having to use Lion as an intermediary step.

Thanks.