Time to home?

overlyunderme

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
Houston
Just noticed this "time to home" statement in my notifications. When/how/why did this appear? I'm not upset, it's actually quite neat. I'm just wondering what enabled it.

Dave Felix

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2011
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Just noticed this "time to home" statement in my notifications. When/how/why did this appear? I'm not upset, it's actually quite neat. I'm just wondering what enabled it.

[url=http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k180/spcmanspiff/macrumors/487937E3-275A-44FF-A241-717B1C1ADAFC_zpsaptlquj3.png]Image[/URL]
I know this has been around for a little while. I don't remember when though. How did you get the NBA scores and all that?

----------

When I scroll from the top, I do not see the weather.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I know this has been around for a little while. I don't remember when though. How did you get the NBA scores and all that?

----------

When I scroll from the top, I do not see the weather.
Widgets from different apps, like ESPN SportsCenter, Yahoo! Weather, etc.

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
It's called Frequent Locations: Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Frequent Locations

iososx

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2014
USA
Google Now has provided this information and much more for a long time. One can opt out if you don't want the convenience, or one can specify the various kinds of real time information like sports scores and more.

Thanks Google!

bgdrew

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2011
This feature has never worked for me despite having the same schedule every day. Driving ime to next appointment does work, however.

BJMRamage

macrumors 68020
Oct 2, 2007
I remember when I saw this last year it was interesting.

Then I thought it was odd that on the weekends it said it would take 10 minutes to get to this location...the grocery store that I'd hit around the same time. that was funny as I guess I did the grocery store trip on a frequent basis.

I've since removed the feature since i'd want to limit the data/location services.

overlyunderme

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
Houston
Google Now has provided this information and much more for a long time. One can opt out if you don't want the convenience, or one can specify the various kinds of real time information like sports scores and more.

Thanks Google!

Can you please tell me all the other ways that Google is vastly superior since we are on an Apple forum? You really helped answer my question and added useful information to this conversation. Oh wait, no you didn't.

P.S. I have used Google Now and their stupid "cards". It sucks.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Can you please tell me all the other ways that Google is vastly superior since we are on an Apple forum? You really helped answer my question and added useful information to this conversation. Oh wait, no you didn't.

P.S. I have used Google Now and their stupid "cards". It sucks.
Ouch - harsh (considering your originating post)

As already stated, this is not a new feature, it is the result of not only frequent locations being enabled, but having Traffic Conditions enabled on Lockscreen and having traffic enabled in Apple Maps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.