Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

exi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 16, 2012
Since the introduction of iOS 14, the "Time to Leave" notifications for upcoming calendar events have not been firing.

Googling reveals threads about this across the last several major iOS revisions, though no proposed fixes have helped.

Context:
- Calendar accessed via CalDAV outside iCloud which worked fine on iOS 13;
- Events have physical addresses saved to them;
- "Time to Leave" is the alert setting for the event;
- Notifications are allowed for Calendar;
- Calendar's location services are allowed;
- Issue has persisted across two devices (iPhone 11 Pro with iOS 14 upgrade, then iPhone 12 Pro out of the box, set up as new);
- General -> Reset -> Reset Location and Privacy has not helped.

I'm at a loss. Any suggestions?

gwang73

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2009
California
You also need to enable Location->System Services->Location Based Alerts.

I think they made this change in 14 or 13, can't remember.

Comment

exi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 16, 2012
You also need to enable Location->System Services->Location Based Alerts.

I think they made this change in 14 or 13, can't remember.

Forgot to mention that this is also enabled.

Any other thoughts? So strange.

Comment

gwang73

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2009
California
Oh, then I don't know. Those settings are all I know that's needed to get that function working. Could be bugged. I've seen this not working before due to OS bugs.

When you enter the address, do you see the maps thumbnail created in the invite? If so, then I would think it's a bug and will get fixed eventually.

Comment

exi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 16, 2012
Oh, then I don't know. Those settings are all I know that's needed to get that function working. Could be bugged. I've seen this not working before due to OS bugs.

When you enter the address, do you see the maps thumbnail created in the invite? If so, then I would think it's a bug and will get fixed eventually.
I do see the map thumbnail, yes. That was my thought as well -- I guess there's always hope for 14.5 which should be very soon from the sounds of things, but 14.1-14.4 didn't change anything. Who knows.

Comment

Leschy

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2012
Bavaria (Germany)
same problem here. time to leave doesn't show up although it is activated by default. Another issue: iCloud Push Mail on iOS doesn't work.... hopefully expecting iOS 14.5.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.