Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Travisimo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2009
I don't know if this will help or not but I got my shipping notification email for my camera kit on Sunday 4/25, it shipped today 4/26 from China, Apple says it will be delivered by 4/27, FedEx says it will be delivered 4/29 and Apple still hasn't taken payment from my checking yet. It's like deja vu all over again.:D
So, I would think for a package to make it on 4/30 it would need to ship by tomorrow, the latest. Rotsa Ruck! ;)

I've got the exact same thing for my camera kit. Apple says it will be delivered on 4/27, but FedEx says 4/29 and it's sitting in HK right now. So I think FedEx is right this time.

On the other hand, when we were tracking the WIFI iPad, many of us doubted we would actually get them on Saturday, but they came through. So for now, I'm still trusting that we'll get the 3G iPad on Friday as promised. I mean it would be epic failure if they didn't, especially since they specifically said we'd get them on 4/30. On the other hand, the e-mail confirmation that they sent out to those who preordered only promised that the 3G iPad would SHIP by the end of the month, not that it would actually be DELIVERED.

So who knows? We'll see over the next few days!

biomathdude

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2010
I've got the exact same thing for my camera kit. Apple says it will be delivered on 4/27, but FedEx says 4/29 and it's sitting in HK right now. So I think FedEx is right this time.

On the other hand, when we were tracking the WIFI iPad, many of us doubted we would actually get them on Saturday, but they came through. So for now, I'm still trusting that we'll get the 3G iPad on Friday as promised. I mean it would be epic failure if they didn't, especially since they specifically said we'd get them on 4/30. On the other hand, the e-mail confirmation that they sent out to those who preordered only promised that the 3G iPad would SHIP by the end of the month, not that it would actually be DELIVERED.

You people are hopeless.

Quote from apple.com:
"iPad Wi-Fi + 3G Models Available in US on April 30
April 23, 2010
Apple announced that the Wi-Fi + 3G models of its magical iPad will be delivered to US customers who’ve pre-ordered on Friday, April 30, and will be available in Apple Retail Stores the same day starting at 5:00 p.m. iPad Wi-Fi models are available for purchase now at your favorite Apple Retail Store or from the Apple Online Store with free delivery to your door. Read more: apple.com/ipad"

What part of "will be delivered to US customers who’ve pre-ordered on Friday, April 30" don't you all understand? Just bored? paranoid? psychotic?

0blivion

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2008
You people are hopeless.

Quote from apple.com:
"iPad Wi-Fi + 3G Models Available in US on April 30
April 23, 2010
Apple announced that the Wi-Fi + 3G models of its magical iPad will be delivered to US customers who’ve pre-ordered on Friday, April 30, and will be available in Apple Retail Stores the same day starting at 5:00 p.m. iPad Wi-Fi models are available for purchase now at your favorite Apple Retail Store or from the Apple Online Store with free delivery to your door. Read more: apple.com/ipad"

What part of "will be delivered to US customers who’ve pre-ordered on Friday, April 30" don't you all understand? Just bored? paranoid? psychotic?

Well, Exccuuusseee mee. We don't need no sassaphrass on here boards :p
Dude, seriously...chill. A question won't kill you. If you don't like it, move on.

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT
Your kidding right, another thread on this.

I do not believe fed x would withhold information. it is always Apple that send out the shipping notice once the units have been processed and have departed the factory. At least that is what i have noticed in the past. It usually takes a few days to get to the east coast, again in my experience, coming in thru Alaska.

They are still in the window for Friday. I would say if they have not left by tomorrow this time, we ain't getting them Friday. They definitely are not in California as some have theorized. I think everything will be shipped from the factory, watch and see.

Patience is obviously running thin here!

ScubaCinci

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
OH
I predict that within seconds of Apple updating the shipping status, someone will posted about it because ppl are watching the status like a cat watches goldfish. :eek:

Sketchr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
I get a chuckle out of verbose rant posts from those claiming the subject matter to be a waste of time. Oh the irony ;)

raw911

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2003
Well, Exccuuusseee mee. We don't need no sassaphrass on here boards :p
Dude, seriously...chill. A question won't kill you. If you don't like it, move on.

I agree with you. Some take this to far. Ur right if it don't apply let it fly. No need for smart a** answers. That's why I don't post cause I don't have the patience for ignorance.

boazii

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2009
What's wrong with that?

Some people are excited about getting their iPad, perfectly understandable...

TechDude16

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009

Well my case shipped and Apple said it would deliver on one day. While the fedex site said a date 2 days later. I knew the apple date would be right once it arrived in Memphis the night befo the apple given date, and sure enough it was delivered the next day, and the fedex estimated date didn't change until 3 am when the flight left Memphis with my case to my local airport.

It it still very possible that Apple can ship both today(in China, which is technically tomorrow morning) and the following morning, and still have them here on Friday. They may also not be shipping as many 3G ipads, with the focus on the wifi models during production possibly due to lower demand (maybe the $30 a month is too much for some). So this could result in later dates. However I would expect a prepared for shipment sometime soon, so it is possible they are shipping from the US for that reason. It will likely come from a warehouse in northern California that apple uses for iPhone and iPod storage, and used to customize G5s in when they came from China. I think they still customize macs there but I know that facility is mostly used for shipments and storage now...

biomathdude

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2010
There's a difference in getting excited about something and being obsessed to the point of loosing all rational thought. Sorry but the press release was pretty clear. Sorry if some were offended. Hugs and Kisses **

In interest of full disclosure, I am excited about the iPad as well. Friday will be a great day.

Travisimo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2009
It it still very possible that Apple can ship both today(in China, which is technically tomorrow morning) and the following morning, and still have them here on Friday. They may also not be shipping as many 3G ipads, with the focus on the wifi models during production possibly due to lower demand (maybe the $30 a month is too much for some). So this could result in later dates. However I would expect a prepared for shipment sometime soon, so it is possible they are shipping from the US for that reason. It will likely come from a warehouse in northern California that apple uses for iPhone and iPod storage, and used to customize G5s in when they came from China. I think they still customize macs there but I know that facility is mostly used for shipments and storage now...

I find it hard to believe that they could possibly be here in the USA, ready to ship from a warehouse somewhere. I mean, they waited until the VERY last day in April to promise delivery, which seems to indicate they are down to the wire for production.... especially since they are still trying to crank out WIFI models to gear up for the international launch.

But since they are doing FedEx this time around, it could very well be that things will be done quite differently... we shall see. I was actually hoping that they'd use UPS again because my WIFI iPad arrived at my door at 8:30am on Saturday morning!

TechDude16

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
I find it hard to believe that they could possibly be here in the USA, ready to ship from a warehouse somewhere. I mean, they waited until the VERY last day in April to promise delivery, which seems to indicate they are down to the wire for production.... especially since they are still trying to crank out WIFI models to gear up for the international launch.

But since they are doing FedEx this time around, it could very well be that things will be done quite differently... we shall see. I was actually hoping that they'd use UPS again because my WIFI iPad arrived at my door at 8:30am on Saturday morning!

Oh I don't personally think it is likely, I was just trying to be impartial ;)

None the less, we will have to see. There is still time to see updates, and it is obvious they are doing things with the AppleCare completions and the cc authorizations. Let's see what the next two days bring :)

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2010
None the less, we will have to see. There is still time to see updates, and it is obvious they are doing things with the AppleCare completions and the cc authorizations. Let's see what the next two days bring :)

I'm going to go way out on a limb and guess that the next two days will bring us approximately thirty-seven more identical threads. :)

(I was just as excited during the wifi launch, but even then I encouraged people to join us in the main thread. You know, the one that happened when there was actually shipping information to share. And even the total lack of new data in this thread is redundant because there have been so many other "did you ship yet???" threads that also contained no data.)

Bigrahizzle

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2010

well it could be that they already had them made and in a warehouse possibly shipped along with the WIFI models. IM thinking AT&T had an issue setting up their 3G service for the Ipad, thats probably why it got delayed.

Well, who knows:confused:

TechDude16

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
I'm going to go way out on a limb and guess that the next two days will bring us approximately thirty-seven more identical threads. :)

(I was just as excited during the wifi launch, but even then I encouraged people to join us in the main thread. You know, the one that happened when there was actually shipping information to share. And even the total lack of new data in this thread is redundant because there have been so many other "did you ship yet???" threads that also contained no data.)

Oh I agree.

People will continue to post need threads asking questions, that, if they looked two or three threads down, has already been answered.

The main thread has some interesting discussion, but until things ship people will continue shoot off threads. All I can say is when things start to ship, I am main thread only FTW ;) )

ZombiePete

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Oh I agree.

People will continue to post need threads asking questions, that, if they looked two or three threads down, has already been answered.

The main thread has some interesting discussion, but until things ship people will continue shoot off threads. All I can say is when things start to ship, I am main thread only FTW ;) )

I just wish some of them would learn to use Google. A lot of times I read questions to which I don't know the answer or want to get some reference material for, and a Google search usually provides the answer in the first few returned links.

I think 99% of it is just wanting to socialize with others who are excited about the same thing they are.

Travisimo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2009
I think 99% of it is just wanting to socialize with others who are excited about the same thing they are.

Exactly! And what's wrong with that? Okay, maybe it clutters up the list of threads a bit, but it's not like we have to click on them all. I click on them because I'm just as excited as everybody else and I already have a WIFI iPad! Now I agree that once we start getting official ship notices, it will be beneficial to stick to one main thread.

TechDude16

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
Exactly! And what's wrong with that? Okay, maybe it clutters up the list of threads a bit, but it's not like we have to click on them all. I click on them because I'm just as excited as everybody else and I already have a WIFI iPad! Now I agree that once we start getting official ship notices, it will be beneficial to stick to one main thread.

Well I think it is great to be excited, in fact it is welcomed on the forums.

However redundant / vague / and even false postings are uneccessary. I think it is just as easy and if not more beneficial for the poster, to socialize the right way and to pose thoughts and comments in threads that are relevant. Threads are there to organize, not to clutter.

And as for asking a similar or same exact question as someone right before, I think that people doing this aren't really socializing they just aren't reading.

I don't mean to sound like a debbie downer, I personally am EXTREMELY excited for my 3G :). But that doesn't mean that all of the members here can neglect common sense and common courtesy to other posters.

xl1ken

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2010
re-auths, ditto

I have had the same thing happen to me. Twice they have debited my card and twice the charges have dropped off. A bit disconcerting. Don't know what's going on?

Ken

I doubt they have shipped without being paid for yet.

I've had a few re-auths on my card, but all of them keep dropping off. Apple isn't going to send me anything until they have my money secured.

hotwire32

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2010
Damn you apple quit teasing us!

I have had the same thing happen to me. Twice they have debited my card and twice the charges have dropped off. A bit disconcerting. Don't know what's going on?

Ken

Yeah I've had it happen a couple of times too, hoping 3rd times the charm :)

chr1s60

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2007
California
I am excited to get my 3G iPad, but I actually enjoy reading these threads more for the people complaining about there being another 3G shipping thread. I find it hilarious that they are tired of seeing these threads, yet they click on them and post a message in them, which actually keeps them alive. Pretty funny to me.

Rob.G

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2010
Arizona
When I was on the phone with the Apple store last week, they told me that the iPad 3G is shipping from US warehouses, NOT from overseas. So it stands to reason we'll see shipping confirmation on Thursday.

Rob

WizardHunt

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada USA
When I was on the phone with the Apple store last week, they told me that the iPad 3G is shipping from US warehouses, NOT from overseas. So it stands to reason we'll see shipping confirmation on Thursday.

Rob

I thought that Apple Employees could not leak out any valid info on when something is coming? :eek: So is the keyword valid the important theme here?

And BTW to the OP this thread was started way too early. We probably won't see prepared for shipments until Wed and actual shipments Thursday. That is my guess.

JBazz

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2006
I just wish Apple would communicate better with us. I sold my laptop and could really use my iPad. I got one email from them saying basically, "remember when you ordered that iPad and we said it was shipping sometime late this month? We are sending this email to remind you that we are going to ship at some unnamed date late this month." Gee thanks for nothing.

I have heard rumors on here about Apple making a public announcement, but they didnt send me, the actually purchaser, anything. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.