Time to switch- Sprint is killing me!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Donia330i, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Donia330i macrumors regular

Ok, I've had enough with Sprint from the slow speeds to now the constant dropped calls and calls just going straight to voicemail. I’ve been with them for over 15 years but I think its time to go. Now the question is who to switch to? And how do I get out of my contract? Thanks!

2. MsRandall macrumors 6502a

MsRandall

If you have documented issues - file a BBB complaint

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

That won't necessarily do anything.

You'll get a call from Executive Services (what remains of it, considering that Sprint is now trying to eliminate that department and give it's power to the average CSR) but your luck in getting out ETF free is probably not good.

OP, I've been with Sprint for 15 years myself. We have LTE where we live, although right now it's at 3G speeds and unreliable. Still, calls and messaging work reliably for us. We were never in the same spot as a lot of people have been in the Network Vision rollout.

That said, you may want to take a look at s4gru.com. They are a bunch of anal retentive Sprint fanbois over there, but the information they provide is accurate. They have a rollout update thread where you can check the completion of your market and also threads for individual markets. Armed with that information you can make a better informed decision.

But if you still want to leave there is one way to do it and that's to get Sprint to terminate YOU. To do that you need to force roaming. Roam too much (old plans 300mb, new plans 100mb data) and Sprint will terminate you. You'll be given a date by when you need to port out. When Sprint terminates you, it's ETF free. Unfortunately, you need to do it for at least two months.

The other way is raising hell with Executive Services. Your luck is probably not good with that. But if you want to start with them, email dan@sprint.com. BTW, if you want the top guy's email - daniel.hesse@sprint.com

One other option is to take advantage of T-Mobile's pay your ETF program.

4. MsRandall macrumors 6502a

MsRandall

I speak from experience I was a Sprint customer since they started in California (16 years I believe) who had issues with a 4 line account and my daughter and her family a 3 line account- we were having data issues with iphones dropped calls and duplicate text messages= we were let out of our contract because we had worked with tech support for 2 months without resolution. I called Executive service before that - no dice. After the complaint they were willing to relieve us from the CONTRACTS EFT FEE. YMMV That was almost 18 months ago....maybe that has changed now

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I know that by filing complaints with the BBB and the FCC that Exec Services will call you. Beyond that, I'm not sure. Even with a call from them much of the stories I have heard is that Sprint still won't let you out of contract ETF free.

Perhaps that is because there's no history of support calls, I don't know. You are probably correct in that documentation can support your case, but other than yourself I've not heard of anyone being allowed out simply because they dealt either with ES or another department inside of Sprint. That's all I'm saying.

6. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Sprint did not fall off the turnip truck yesterday and has seen it all. Unless you have recoreds of complaints over a long period of time, you have little to stand on and you will have to pay the ETF.

Where I live Sprint has always been a joke:apple:

7. thefredelement macrumors 65816

thefredelement

I got out of my Sprint ETF (3 lines, 2 with ETFs) in September 2012 by filing several BBB complaints and one with my state attorney general's office. I had a long history of support calls and forced my android phone at the time to roam onto Verizon via a PRL update.

I don't know what factors played into their decision but their executive people called me after the latest BBB complaint and said we can go ahead and transfer the phone numbers and our last bill will only be for the days that we had the service.