I made a post before about issues with my ibook and tried all the suggestions (thanks for everyones help) before finally re-installing. For about the last week and a half it has worked great until today. I was comming here to post a reply and Camino just hung up so I quit Camino and restarted it, no luck, wouldn't do anything. Reboot and try again.. nothing. Tried Safari with no better results. So I thought that maybe my router or cable connection was out, nope, other computers still have connection. Started MacJournal but got a message about not being able to link to library and do I want to quit or continue. Click continue and it locked up for several minutes. I couldn't even force it to quit so hard reboot. Removed MacJournal and go to uncompress it to reinstall but Stuff-it locks up and ibook won't respond at all so another hard reboot. finally, itunes won't work so I shut it down and now need to find the receipt for it. I'm assuming I can just take it back to the Apple store and exchange it. It's not even a month old so I would really hate to wait weeks for it to get serviced though there is a Mac service place just down the street from me. Damn this is frustrating. My first Apple experience has not been an easy or pleasant one. Hopefully durring the next few days I can get this resolved. Edit: Before anyone asks, I did try to repair permissions, actually have been doing that after any software installs but haven't installed anything in days. I also tried using System Optimizer to run service scripts.