Time to upgrade or wait until 2016?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Smashy, Nov 11, 2015.

  1. Smashy macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2013
    #1
    Looking to buy a new MBP soon. I have a mid 2009 that is showing its age. Battery does not hold a good charge and it's fairly slow with Photoshop and Lightroom which I use heavily. I don't want to replace those parts as I could benefit from the new features of the current model. My questions is will now be a good time to buy or would waiting for the new (skylake?) version be worth it? Does Apple have a pattern of releasing new revisions early in the year or would I be waiting until late in the year for one? (I don't really follow it)


    Thanks for any input!
     
  2. Fishrrman macrumors G3

    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2009
    #2
    If you absolutely "need it now" and cannot wait any longer, buy now.

    If you can afford to wait, say, 3-4 more months, try to hold out...
     
  3. Smashy thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2013
    #3
    Thanks. Maybe I'll use that time to save up some extra cash.
     
  4. DavidWLowe macrumors newbie

    DavidWLowe

    Joined:
    Nov 11, 2015
    #4
    Fishrrman, are you stating that within 3-4 months, Apple will be announcing/offering for sale a new MacBook machine?
     
  5. T5BRICK macrumors 604

    T5BRICK

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2006
    Location:
    Oregon
    #5
    Looking at trends, Apple will probably update the rMBP in early 2016. Don't know if it'll be an update design, or just upgraded specs.
     
  6. TechGod macrumors 68040

    TechGod

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2014
    Location:
    New Zealand
  7. Steve121178 macrumors 68040

    Steve121178

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2010
    Location:
    Bedfordshire, UK
    #7
    Or buy now from Amazon and save a few 100 off the Apple Store prices.
     
  8. maflynn Moderator

    maflynn

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    Location:
    Boston
    #8
    At the very least wait until Black Friday, you may be able to save some money
     
  9. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2013
    #9
    It depends, if you use it for work and a new one will increase your productivity then it's worth going for it now, 4-5 months of vastly increased productivity will be worth far more to you than a slight spec bump.
     

Share This Page