Time Update Issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jovian9, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

I woke up at around 4am (eastern) this morning b/c one of my dogs needed to go outside. The clock next to my bed stated it was 4:06am, the clock in our fireplace room had the same time as well as my iMac. However, my iPhone had 3:06am. So I checked all the clocks in my house (wall, cable box, TV's, microwave, laptop, watches, etc.) and they all had after 4am while both my iPhone and my wife's iPhone had after 3am.

I restarted my iPhone and it stayed an hour behind. It is still an hour behind (as well as my wife's). It was fine last night. I usually use it as my personal clock and alarm clock to get up. I know I can plug it into the iMac and that will correct it but that doesn't really solve the issue of the time changing in the first place. Either both of our iPhones are messed up or there was some sort of AT&T network issue.

Is anyone else having this issue or have you in the past?

2. spiders22 macrumors newbie

I had that problem a few times with my 2G iPhone. Sometimes the time would be off 10 minutes, sometimes 45 minutes, sometimes slow, sometimes fast, but it always reset itself.

3. Jovian9 thread starter macrumors 68000

Jovian9

I'm still having this issue 5 hours later. I reset my iPhone and did a sync with the iMac but that didn't work. I suppose the last thing to try is a complete restore via iTunes but that will have to wait until this evening.

4. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

I had to change the time on my laptop yesterday, but not iPhone

5. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

6. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

The has happened to my iPhone too, you just have to wait and it will fix itself. It has happened twice that I know of.

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Hasn't happened to me YET; but now you have me fixated on checking my clock every hour.....:D:D:D

8. Appdict macrumors regular

9. Jovian9 thread starter macrumors 68000

Jovian9

This happened to a lot of people that both my wife and I work with. There were quite a few people late to work yesterday that use AT&T (not just iPhones). So this seems like it was an AT&T issue in our area.

My phone never fixed itself but as luck would have it Best Buy had both the white and black iPhones that my wife and I wanted to upgrade to....so we did so yesterday so it's not an issue anymore :)

I never had a chance to call AT&T to see what the problem was though.