Time Warner Cable app

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by rbcp, Jan 9, 2014.

1. rbcp macrumors newbie

2. alent1234 macrumors 603

apple is suing TWC indirectly and i doubt TWC will put an app on the apple TV while the suit is going on

3. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

Do you have a link for that? Some more details?

4. tthip macrumors member

The article does not suggest that TWC is not coming to atv.
    It just states people are disappointed that what they thought was the upcoming TWC announcement turned out to be Kindle. And now the wait is just a little longer for the TWC atv app.

5. alent1234 macrumors 603

the rockstar patent consortium filed suit against TWC last month. i think it was the 13th

TWC for Roku came out literally a week later

6. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

Thanks. I was not aware of this. I really hope the Supreme Court can do something about these silly patents. I was approach years ago about one of my products from a larger company with a patent. They decided not to go forward because in my opinion it was bogus. However, had they forced me to court I would of had to fold due to lawyer fees. So I really have personal distaste for this kind of trolling.

http://gigaom.com/2013/12/13/micros...ortel-patents-to-sue-time-warner-cable-cisco/

While Congress is taking aim at patent trolling with a proposed law called the Innovation Act, Microsoft has already succeeded in stripping out a part of the law that would have made it easier to challenge bad patents. This means the best hope for a return to patent sanity may lie with the Supreme Court, which last week agreed to consider what type of software patents should be granted in the first place.

7. alent1234 macrumors 603

not sure which patents they are suing over, but rockstar is all the old Nortel patents. these are real patents that helped build the internet back in the day

most of the so called patent troll suits are based on real patents from the 80's and 90's when all of the current tech was developed

8. tthip macrumors member

Last month? TWC app came to Roku almost a year ago.