Time Zone Syncing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jrolls, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Jrolls macrumors newbie

So I just noticed that when I move between time zones, the iPhone doesn't recognize this fact; I have to go in and manually change the zone. It isn't the biggest deal, but I thought that the phone would have been able to do this. Anyone see this being remedied in the future??

2. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Set automatically is on? That is weird. You would have thought that if this was a wide spread problem you wouldnt be the only case of this matter that, atleast i, have heard. Not saying anything, but it is weird.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

The iPhone gets its time form the cell tower it is communicating with. Mine always changes times when I travel. :confused:

4. Jrolls thread starter macrumors newbie

completely overlooked the auto- option. I knew it was going to be something dumb like this. Now, let this thread sink to the depths of this forum.

5. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Hahaha, its alright man, it happens to the best of us.

6. ImAliveUK macrumors member

ImAliveUK

I dont have this option on my iPhone - i have a UK one - and the option for 24 hour clock is greyed out too...

I travel every week and the time zone change feature would be a good help.... any ideas?

Kev

7. mrJnC macrumors regular

While the time zone automatically changes (at least in the US), unfortunately the calendar appointments aren't adjusted.