Time Zones are off.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by HatefulMeaning, Nov 6, 2007.

1. HatefulMeaning macrumors newbie

I set the time and date to be automatically done. But the time zones are all off by 7 hours. Anyone else experiencing this? This only started to happen after I installed Leopard. Anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

2. Cyclotrode macrumors regular

Cyclotrode

Have you looked in the Time Zone tab under Date & Time to make sure you have the Closest City pulldown set to a town near you?

Also make sure you are in the correct locale under the Set date & time automatically section.

3. HatefulMeaning thread starter macrumors newbie

I checked it to Set Time & Date automatically to Apple Americas/U.S. (time.apple.com), I live in New York City, Which I set the time zone to New York - U.S.A. But this isn't only for just this time zone, I compared it with the times on my iphone, which seems to be accurate and they are all off by 7 hours, From California to Paris to Japan. :confused: Any idea on fixes?

4. hankolerd macrumors 6502

hankolerd

yeah, pick a time zone that is 7 hours ahead/behind of where you are :D

I have noticed that everytime i boot into windows and boot back, it resets the time on my mac back 6 hours, so I have to go open the date & time menu, when i do this it automatically fixes it. I have not had problems other than that with the time being off. This is the same for both Leopard and Tiger in my experience.:apple:

5. HatefulMeaning thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I am doing that to keep the time current, but I still would like to fix this problem. Cause well... I don't live in Rabat, Morocco.