Time??

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Moparherb, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Moparherb macrumors newbie

Moparherb

I’m a retired guy with a fetish for Apple products, so I’m thinking about a new series 4 Apple Watch. But do not understand how the watch goes from a blacked out screen to show you the time. Do you have to push a button to get the time. That would mean it’s a two handed operation. I love my new iPhone XS Max and have seen a couple of people with the Apple Watch and I believe I would like one, but just confused about it tells me what time it is. Thanks for any replies.

2. Jason Hensley macrumors 6502a

Jason Hensley

Just raising your wrist will wake the watch up and turn on the screen, showing you the time as well as a bunch of other useful info if you so choose.

3. Moparherb thread starter macrumors newbie

Moparherb

Thank you ever so much. I didn’t want to get into a device that would take two hands to get the time.

4. PN4 macrumors regular

PN4

Its not even 'raising' your wrist that is required to show the time. Simply turning your wrist so your watch points slightly toward your face will show the time. I've owned an AW since the S0 launch and have never had an issue with having to use two hands. Nothing to worry about Moparherb.

5. Jessica08 macrumors 6502

Jessica08

I have a question as I’ll be getting my first Apple Watch next week. How long does the face stay lit up? I’m in nursing school so counting respiration’s I’ll need it for at least 30 seconds or 1 minute. Are there settings to make it stay longer like with the iPhone?

6. Cowboy1629 macrumors 6502

Cowboy1629

15-70 seconds.

15 is default but you can change it to 70.

That is when you tap the screen. Just rotating your wrist to view the time it is only about 5 seconds.

7. sumsingwong macrumors 6502a

sumsingwong

Use your nose to wake the screen if your hands are full. I know some people that do it because they set it to where it doesn’t wake when raise to conserve battery.

8. Moparherb thread starter macrumors newbie

Moparherb

Hey that’s a good idea, not for me but a good idea anyway.

9. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

If you love Apple products, like me, you will love the Apple watch!

If for some reason you do not like, you got plenty of time to return.

10. Volusia macrumors 6502

Volusia

If using the Watch for timing respirations, or pulse, pull a complication (short cut button) on your watch face that will automatically start a count down timer.

11. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

This is a great suggestion in general.

You can load up the watch face with "complications" for your most used apps, or complications that show you info at a glance. I usually have a combination of the two.

It's also pretty easy to swipe between watch faces, so you can have one with complications you use at work, and another face for complications at home...