timecapsul question

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Willoughby, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Willoughby macrumors newbie

hi all, I was wondering if it is possible to run time capsule without an internet connection to create a local network between the time capsule and a iphone or ipod touch. basically I want to run a PHP/Apache web app database program and database on the HD of the time capsule so I have access to the database via web portal from my iphone w/o having to use the edge network for product demonstrations.

Thanks

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

The Time Capsule is not a computer: you cannot install or run software on it.

3. Willoughby thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah I know that, however assuming I had another computer running the software would it be possible to stream the data to my iphone without an internet connection

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

You should be able to but I fail to see what the Time Capsule is adding to this: any WiFi capable computer can act as a WiFi access point (take a look at the Create Network... option)...

5. Willoughby thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Snips macrumors regular

If you assume you have another computer to run the software, then you don't need a Time Capsule at all.

You can create a wireless network from the other machine, and have your iPhone connect to that network.