TimeCapsule ambre solid

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by iivanyu, Apr 2, 2009.

1. iivanyu macrumors newbie

After many hours trying to connect TC wirelessly to my MBP(without result) i decided to reset it complitely(reset button more than 5 sec). Now Air port cannot recognize it aand it is solid amber all the time

Internet is in the WAN port and TC is connected to MBP with Ethernet cable

Please help :confused::(

2. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

Need more info.

Ignore the internet connection for now.

TC should be connected via ethernet when first setting it up.

Have you ever had a successful connection via ethernet?

Have you run Airport Utility while connected via ethernet?

Can you check that the ethernet cable works? (connect your MBP to something else with that same cable, and see if it works)

3. iivanyu thread starter macrumors newbie

Now it's green,after pressing reset button several times (i did it without anger). I, somehow, managed to connect it wirelessly to MBP.
    But TimeMashine wont back up it says :
    TIme Machine Error the backup image could not be mounted:confused:

4. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

What you probably did was to tell it to ignore the problem that caused it to show an amber light.

It could have been as simple as no internet connection, or some other minor issue. Time Capsule isn't a magic telepathic box. You have to go into settings and set it up, or go through the set-up wizard.

You still haven't said if you've managed to access the set-up menu through Airport Utility.

5. iivanyu thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, everything is fine and light is green,i am connected wirelessly to TC and can menage some files which i did by drag and drop(i am realy ashamed now:eek:) i can access setup in Air port but TimeMachine wont backup says
    Time Mashine error : The backup disk image could not be mountrd

Thank you so far for your care

Attached Files:

6. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

OK you're connected to the TC, you've got internet access, it seems mostly fine.

Just need to sort out the backup.

Have you completed the first backup? The first one takes a very long time. Overnight or longer. It takes even longer if you do it through wifi. If you stop in the middle, (e.g. close the MBP, or it goes to sleep) it won't complete backing up successfully.

Does the Time Machine application open succesfully and find some old files?

If you havn't completed the first backup, delete the backup file, and try again.

Turn off your MBP wifi, connect it via ethernet, turn off sleep ('always stay awake' ), start the backup, and leave it overnight.

x

7. iivanyu thread starter macrumors newbie

That got it . Thank you Tomato