Timed/automated password lock(Snow Leopard)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by knowsbest, Feb 17, 2011.

1. knowsbest macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I've been using my Mac at school for a long time now. As you probably know, your friends at school tend to have some fun with your computer if they can get to it while your away. So you put a password on it. But, as unlucky as you possibly could be, someone in your class knows it. So you put a longer and more difficult password on. This works, but, I hate that I still have to enter this password when I'm at home(it slows down my workflow).

So, is there any way for me to enable a password from 07:00 i the morning, until 14:30? This way nobody will be able to reach it while it's actually in the danger zone. Preferably it should only happen in weekdays, but any suggestion is helpful.

Thanks in advance!:D

2. Zerozal macrumors 6502

I'm not currently in front of my Mac, but I think Parental Controls can accomplish this. I know you can set specific hours of use, or passowrd protect access, but I'm not sure if you can do both (i.e., require a password from 0700-1700).

Poke around in the Parental Controls systems preference, and see if anything in there meets your needs.

3. knowsbest, Feb 17, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2011

knowsbest thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I know. I've been there, but it requires you to have a separate administrator account, which I simply don't want.

EDIT: Tried it out. It's not possible to do it the way I am looking for it.