Timed out error? PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by st1991, Oct 12, 2011.

1. st1991 macrumors newbie

I've been trying to update my iPhone 4 since about 1pm! I have never had problems updating my phone until today which is when I also updated my iTunes to the latest version.

"The Network Connection has timed out make sure your network settings are correct and your network connection is active, or try again later."

I don't know if this was already posted but I'm going crazy! :(

2. Ponderous macrumors regular

We are all in the same boat. Just gonna take time keep retrying is all you can do.

3. st1991 thread starter macrumors newbie

So I'm not the only one with this exact error? I don't know if it's my settings, I doubt it. Thanks though.

4. aztooh macrumors 6502a

I am just now trying to update and am getting this same error..I dunno...just keep trying I suppose

5. JWSandi macrumors regular

6. srazz macrumors regular

srazz

My iPhone updated perfectly and quickly. Its my iPad thats going on 6 hours. I guess everyone was taking a break when I did the iPhone.

7. aztooh macrumors 6502a

I closed out iTunes, reopened and it worked immediately...don't know if it's just a coincidence or if it actually did anything but worth a shot I suppose (running Windows 7)

8. srazz macrumors regular

srazz

I discovered the cure for this problem. As soon as I replied to this post my iPad breezed right thru. Yaaaaa :D

9. BlondeLocks macrumors member

10. HKPDW macrumors member

I was experiencing the same "timed out, network connection lost" edit yesterday as well as this morning.

This afternoon, I deactivated my Kaspersky anti-virus and was able to download the ios5 update.

During the first attempt (after deactivating the Kaspersky anti-virus), the downloading went really slow (stuck on 73 minutes to download for about a half hour).

I shut down Itunes, brought it back up and the second attempt to download ios5 went extremely fast (8 minutes to complete)...