Timed Out Order Possibly Going Through (AT&T)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thehopscotch, Jun 15, 2010.

1. thehopscotch macrumors regular

thehopscotch

Earlier I mentioned in another thread that I had attempted to order an iPhone for my mom through AT&T multiple times today. I went completely through the order process (through clicking the "Process Order" button) but then I would get an error message saying something along the lines of "the upstream server did not respond."

After about the fourth time, I finally got an "order confirmation" page with order number. Shortly thereafter, my mom received an email saying a completely different order number had been cancelled. Odd, since I never received any other successful attempts per the AT&T site.

Then, my mom received an email saying the successful attempt (only order number we had) was cancelled. She just called AT&T and apparently one of the prior orders (even with error message of it not being processed due to upstream server not responding), actually DID work!

Just sharing this story, because I saw several of you mentioning that you received the email stating the following "Unfortunately, we were either unable to verify the information you provided or you have exceeded the number of lines of service that we allow customers to purchase online. As a result, your order has been canceled"...you may actually have a successful order out on AT&T's servers.

2. frostraven macrumors member

frostraven

Wow, yea this just happened to me! Well without the extra order/cancellation. I placed my order earlier and it appeared to have timed out but then I realized, when attempting to place a new one, that my eligibility dates moved up 2 years. I checked the order status section and found it had gone through. Brutal order experience though!

3. thehopscotch thread starter macrumors regular

thehopscotch

Yep! So crazy, but I'm just glad one went through and this drama is over. Added bonus, the CSR changed my mom's shipping address to my address since I'll be home (work from home) to receive and sign for everything that day (and my mom will be at her office all day).