TimeLapse recording duration

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by StuMcBill, Nov 18, 2015.

1. StuMcBill macrumors 6502

My wife got me a massive Lego Set for my birthday, and I would like to make timelapse video of me building it. I would like to use my iPhone 6s for this. I will have it set steady so it cannot move, but I just had a couple of questions.

1. How long can the standard camera app timelapse setting record for in one go? Will it just keep recording until my storage runs out.
    2. I plan to export the video after every session to my mac, to make sure I still have storage on my phone, and stitch them all together at a later date, is this possible.
    3. Is the standard camera app the best to use for this?

Cheers
    Stewart

2. skyperbon, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015

skyperbon macrumors regular

1. The camera will keep recording till the memory runs out or till the phone becomes so hot that it has to close the camera app. Happened to my 6 when I was taking a timelapse video. The camera had been recording over an hour and half by that time. Had to let it cool down. Granted it was on a hot day.

2. Yes. You can transfer it to your mac and then stitch it together. Might need a video processing app for that. iMovie should work fine.

3. The standard camera app should work fine for you. If you are one who requires to change the time interval, then a different app would be appropriate as the standard camera app won't allow you to change the interval.

Oh! And a very happy birthday to you. :)

3. StuMcBill thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the reply!

I think I am just going to stick to the built in camera app, although Hyperlapse does seem good, what is the stock camera apps time interval?

Thanks! :)

4. Conan86 macrumors 6502

5. skyperbon macrumors regular

6. StuMcBill thread starter macrumors 6502

Perfect, thanks for the replies, I will have a read!

I'm going to have it plugged into a wall socket while its recording at all times.

Stewart