Timeline for Employee Discounts on RMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Denimhorn, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Denimhorn macrumors newbie

Hey everyone.

Anyone know when Apple employees will be able to actually order RMBP's for themselves and friends/family? Right now I dont believe they are able to.

What has discount eligibility looked like with previous new product realeases?

2. brand macrumors 601

brand

You make it seem as though you know someone who could get you this discount. Given that why not just ask them directly?

3. Denimhorn thread starter macrumors newbie

My friend didn't know so figured I'd ask on here. I find that people on here tend to know more than apple employees.

4. rw3 macrumors 6502a

rw3

No discount as of today at 6pm CST....probably won't be until the wait time is down to 24hrs.

5. albert1028 macrumors 6502

It's all dependent upon the availability of product, like what rw3 mentioned. It all depends, some things had a long wait, like ipad 2's had like a 6 month wait or something like that but some things like the 2010 Mac Pro only had 1 month or a few weeks wait.

Seeing how hot this laptop is right now, i think you are probably gonna wait several months until it's available on the employee store.

6. aristobrat macrumors G4

It was a few months for the first-gen Air. Just depends on how quickly supply meets demand.

7. Denimhorn thread starter macrumors newbie

Great information everyone. I knew I would get some solid info on here.

Appreciate the timely replies.

Cheers.