Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

myname70

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 5, 2014
Guys, I did clean install with HD formatting (as I usually do) and installed the final Yosemite version. I have AirCapsule Time Machine , but after the clean installation - the time machine is not accessible. I can see the folder Data, inside the .sparsebundle file, but while clicking on it it shows: "Sparse bundle - resource temporarily unavailable". If open Time Machine itself - it shows me the time dates of the stored backups but cannot access them. I read a lot of forums how to fix it, but no results.. I did and Backup verification and repair (from the disk utility), all seems OK, but cannot access them.... Strange... Any help and ideas are highly appreciated :) thanks

Abba1

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2014
Guys, I did clean install with HD formatting (as I usually do) and installed the final Yosemite version. I have AirCapsule Time Machine , but after the clean installation - the time machine is not accessible. I can see the folder Data, inside the .sparsebundle file, but while clicking on it it shows: "Sparse bundle - resource temporarily unavailable". If open Time Machine itself - it shows me the time dates of the stored backups but cannot access them. I read a lot of forums how to fix it, but no results.. I did and Backup verification and repair (from the disk utility), all seems OK, but cannot access them.... Strange... Any help and ideas are highly appreciated :) thanks

I haven't had this particular problem with TM which I use with an external HD, but I've noticed changes since my Mac converted to a logical drive. If TM is your only back up, have you tried to go into Recovery mode's Disk Utility (shut down; restart holding command R until the Apple comes up) rather than Disk Utility in Yosemite to repair the TM. I don't know if this will work with Time Capsule or not, but maybe someone else would have that information or perhaps Apple has a KB article.

I keep both TM and a separate backup (I use Intego Backup, but I know there are others) just for safe keeping. That way if one doesn't work, hopefully the other will.

katmeef

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2010
Just noticed I'm also unable to mount the sparsebundle for timemachine backups which is located on my NAS, when I try I get the error "resource temporarily unavailable". I did a clean install of Yosemite and the sparsebundle was created after Yosemite was installed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.