TimeMachine + JungleDisk

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MaxusHastings, Sep 7, 2009.

1. MaxusHastings macrumors member

Hey Everyone : D

As a good backup Veteran i backup both my PC and my MacBook to my TimeCapsule every hour, i have recently purchased jungledisk and wanted to backup online every day/week (haven't yet decided) to ensure that in a worst-case scenario i can still get my music, photos and key documents back.

I have looked into jungledisk and under the folder structures > Volumes i can see the TimeCapsule disk to back it up, however that vanishes when TimeMachine finishes its backup and then returns an hour later.

Is it possible to prevent this from happening, just so JungleDisk can back it up?

thanks,

Maxus

2. Tumbleweed666 macrumors 68000

I use jungle disk but I back up directly from the Mac rather than via time machine, which I presume is what you are asking/trying. I think there are two big advantages to doing it the way I am, which is simply backing up directly and ignoring time machine. (I do use TM also)

1. Its simpler. Both to backup, and also to restore. Your way means you'd have to restore from amazon to timecapsule and then to mac. My way, (which seems like the obvious way to me I'm not claiming any credit !!), I simply restore directly.

2. Its safer. Should there be a time machine bug which somehow screws it up so you cant use it, all your eggs are in the TM basket. My way, I would just restore from the jungle disk backup on Amazon.